Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Summer-time !
.


Yum-ola, it is a great summer supper recipe !

Half a cantelope - fill it with cottage cheese (just like Betty Crocker of the 50's)
Sprinkle with raspberries, and a basil leaf or two. Finish off with a sprinkle of salt.
If you eat it all you may feel like you will pop!
.
.
.

2 comments:

morninglorycottage said...

Happy belated birthday Anna and Rebecca. My, you are getting to be such old ladies. ;-) What great pictures you take, Becca. I loved catching up with you on your blog. Did you bake those cakes yourself? Be careful, I hear you like to put things in cake!!!!LOL.

Becca said...

Thank you Amanda :0) I baked the cakes from recipes on Martha Stewart's website. The pink is "tender lemon cake". I added lemon curd for the filling and the frosting is "swiss buttercream". I thought the lemon cake and lemon curd were really yummy - I didn't think the frosting was a taste winner - it is a buttercream with and a cooked meringue- Tons of butter and to me the frosting just tasted like butter-- But it made the cake pretty... The chocolate was good- It was called "Moist Devil's Food Cake" with "Mrs. Millman's Chocolate Frosting". The lemon cake was worth the Martha backflips- The chocolate, hmmmm, maybe not. I forgot to put the leftovers from the fridge in the cakes! I knew I forgot something! You might think it was funny tho' - the cakes were in a west facing window - by the time we had cake both of the cakes' frosting, on the window side, had begun sliding off--down, down the cake :0) Hopefully not a bodily omen of turning 40?!?!? Lots of Love to you and yours, Becca